Technology has changed the face of administrative roles in both the private and public sectors. The increased use of technology in the office means a high demand for job applicants with extensive knowledge of software applications.
Did you know that a majority of the Administrative Assistant program can be completed online?
- Administrative Assistant AAS (75% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
GCC's Administrative Assistant degree will help you master the skills you need for employment in a wide variety of office positions. You will experience modern classroom instruction including newly constructed classroom laboratories equipped with computers, transcription units, and state-of-the-art office furnishings.
You'll also have an opportunity to sharpen your skills in an off campus cooperative work experience.
In addition to basic degree requirements, you can choose to take elective courses on secretarial skills with a medical focus, such as medical terminology, medical machine transcription, medical office procedures, medical forms, and billing.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Customer Service Representatives
- Data Entry Keyers
- Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Freight Forwarders
- Insurance Claims Clerks
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Office Clerks, General
- Patient Representatives
- Procurement Clerks
- Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Word Processors and Typists
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Hartwick College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Utica College
- Wells College
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.