Applications for Fall 2017 Scholarships are available online:
ONLY from June 7 – July 21, 2017
The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free. For eligibility requirements, FAQs and the online application, please visit the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website.
What You Need to Complete the Application
- Copies of 2015 New York State income tax return(s) filed by you and your parent(s) or your spouse, as applicable
- Your current unofficial college transcript showing the number of credits you earned each year prior to applying for this program if you have previously attended college
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR), which you received when you filed your completed FAFSA. Log into your account on www.FAFSA.gov to print a new copy of your SAR
Please note: The Excelsior Scholarship program is being phased in over three years. GCC will continue to update its website as new information and materials become available for Excelsior Scholarships. For more information, refer to the HESC webpage of Frequently Asked Questions about the Excelsior Scholarship.
- Scholarships - usually based on scholastic merit and don't need to be paid back
- Grants - don't need to be paid back
- Loans - DO need to be paid back
- Work-Study - allow you to earn money while you attend GCC
If you would like to learn more about the different kinds of aid available, prepare a realistic college budget or get assistance with the aid application process, schedule an appointment with one of our counselors!
SUNY Smart Track interactive financial aid
literacy tools can assist students to achieve
smart money management skills.