Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ACC201 - Computer Applications in Accounting
Catalog Description: Develops skills using currently popular accounting software, converting a manual accounting system to a computerized system. Emphasizes the computer as a problem-solving tool in various accounting and financial situations. Spring only. Prerequisites: CIS116 and ACC102 or concurrent enrollment in ACC102 for students in the Accounting certificate only with instructor approval.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Record financial transactions for a small merchandising business using a manual accounting system.
2. Prepare financial statements for a set of manually completed financial transactions.
3. Record financial transactions for a small merchandising business using accounting software.
4. Prepare financial statements using accounting software.
5. Create a spreadsheet to calculate payroll or depreciation.
6. Complete adjusting entries as part of a monthly accounting cycle.
7. Perform account reconciliations.
8. Perform a horizontal financial analysis.
9. Use accounting software to export data to other software including Microsoft Excel.
10. Prepare a personal career portfolio.
Effective Term: Fall 2019