Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ACC215 - Cost Accounting
Catalog Description: Studies managerial accounting in-depth from the preparer's perspective. Topics include managerial decision support systems, elements of costs, job-order and process costing, just-in-time and flexible manufacturing systems, cost-volume-profit analysis, budgets and performance evaluation. Spring only. Prerequisite: ACC102.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain the uses of cost accounting data.
2. Identify cost behavior patterns.
3. Prepare a cost production summary report for a business operating in a process cost system.
4. Perform product cost variance analyses.
5. Prepare necessary budgets for a manufacturing business.
6. Perform job order costing for manufacturing businesses.
7. Compute profitability under various methods to improve decision making.
8. Perform cost-volume-profit analyses.
9. Use differential cost analysis techniques to make special decisions.
10. Prepare accounting reports using Excel spreadsheets.
Effective Term: Fall 2019