Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART105 - Two-Dimensional Design
Catalog Description: Introduces the elements and principles of design and art concepts. Focuses on creative problem solving, critical analysis of visual imagery, and utilizing visual arts as a form of expression. Two class hours, two studio hours.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Summarize the elements of design.
2. Summarize the principles of design.
3. Create a variety of artwork utilizing the elements and principles of design.
4. Present artwork showing proficiency in craftsmanship.
5. Critique artwork using appropriate descriptive vocabulary.
6. Utilize mixed-media techniques in the production of artwork.
7. Identify design elements and principles in visual compositions.
Effective Term: Fall 2019