Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART111 - Drawing 2
Catalog Description: Explores advanced drawing techniques and the creative process. Focuses on developing large drawings in a variety of mixed-media materials. Two class hours, two studio hours. Students must provide their own supplies. Prerequisite: ART110.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create a variety of large-scale drawings based upon original concepts.
2. Articulate the reasoning in the use of elements and principles of design in the creation of a drawing.
3. Critique artwork using proper art vocabulary.
4. Present artwork professionally for exhibits or critiques.
5. Create artwork showing a proficiency of mixed-media techniques.
6. Create a series of drawings that express a unified narrative.
Effective Term: Fall 2019