Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART115 - Painting 2
Catalog Description: Explores advanced acrylic painting techniques. Focuses on developing new skills in painting, experimenting with mixed-media approaches and creative concepts. Students must provide their own supplies. Two class hours, two studio hours. Prerequisite: ART114.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create a variety of paintings based on original concepts.
2. Create artwork showing a proficiency in advanced painting techniques (layering the canvas, gel mediums, masking, refining brush strokes, transfer processes).
3. Paint in a large-scale format using a variety of different-sized canvases.
4. Critique artwork utilizing proper art vocabulary.
5. Create advanced conceptual narrative in artwork.
6. Present artwork professionally for exhibits or critiques.
7. Articulate the reasoning of the use of elements and principles of design in the creation of a painting.
Effective Term: Fall 2019