Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART217 - Graphic Design Portfolio
Catalog Description: Advances skills learned in prior classes. Includes production of graphic design projects that recreate industry- and client-based standards. Emphasizes printing methods, paper and ink selection, production management, and cost control. Spring only. Prerequisites: ART107 and ART207.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create logos and brochures for non-profit organizations.
2. Create three-dimensional promotional products.
3. Create designs for various organizations/clients.
4. Create a design representative of a particular historical period.
5. Create a personal business card.
6. Create a physical and online portfolio.
Effective Term: Fall 2020