Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART225 - Fashion Illustration
Catalog Description: An introduction to fashion illustration and portfolio development. Students learn foundation skills to design on the human form; fashion figure proportions, garment/fabric and garment details, color and basic rendering techniques, designer sketching and illustration and development of a garment collection. Students must provide their own supplies. Fall only.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Complete model drawings (croquis, including gesture, poses, torso, angles, balance lines, legs and arms.
2. Design fashion heads (including full-front, three-quarter, profile, features, and hair).
3. Complete a variety of fashion sketches (fabrics, fashion goods, details) as part of a sketchbook.
4. Produce accurate drawings of various fashion goods as directed.
5. Develop a complete tech pack (specs and flats) from a design or image.
6. Present a cohesive illustrated collection.
7. Critique fashion designs using the elements of principles and design.
8. Assemble a portfolio of one's own best work for use in transfer or employment applications.
Effective Term: Fall 2019