Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
American Sign Language Courses:
ASL102 - American Sign Language 2
Catalog Description: Strengthens beginner-level receptive and expressive communication skills acquired in American Sign Language 1. Supports the acquisition of new sign vocabulary and grammar in structured and meaningful dialogues using the immersion approach to ASL learning and Deaf cultural awareness. Topics include cultural products, Deaf communities, and Deaf-related disciplines and careers. Prerequisites: ASL 101 or equivalent.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1) Compare and contrast ASL and one's native language.
2) Compare and contrast Deaf culture and one's own culture.
3) Demonstrate facial grammar for the two types of questions asked during discussion of topics such as, but not limited to: Deaf cultural products, current events, Deaf community, food and beverages, miscellaneous items, knowledge of subject matters or Deaf-related careers.
4) Demonstrate number related ASL signs when giving contact information, opening, and closing times of places, prices, or grocery items.
5) Identify fingerspelling of brand names, locations, or subject areas.
Effective Term: Fall 2021