Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS201 - Professional Sales
Catalog Description: Introduces selling principles and their applications, integrating concepts from psychology, sociology, and human relations as they apply to the art of persuasion.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Summarize the importance of selling in our economy.
2. Prepare a professional resume with cover letter.
3. Distinguish between ethical and unethical selling procedures.
4. Identify and describe components of the selling process.
5. Formulate a sales presentation, applying the process of selling.
6. Deliver or script a sales presentation for a prospective client.
7. Identify the criteria necessary to explain the theory of sales.
8. Identify time, territory, and self-management as related to a sales career.
Effective Term: Fall 2019