Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS211 - Merchandise Planning and Control
Catalog Description: Explores the complex decisions retailers face in managing large diversified assortments of merchandise for successful merchandising. Analyzes techniques in calculating markup, markdown, profits, pricing, inventory valuation, and stock turnover. Fall only. Prerequisite: BUS 109 or BUS101
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain the characteristics of the buying profession.
2. Explain differences between buying basic and fashion goods.
3. Explain how technology impacts buying decisions.
4. Complete buying calculations using a variety of buying.
5. Estimate future sales using environmental scanning.
6. Estimate future sales by analyzing trends.
7. Explain life cycle stage of products and the impact on corresponding buying decisions.
8. Describe sources of external information to aid in decision making.
9. Analyze changes in a target market, and the corresponding effects on buying decisions.
10. Negotiate acceptable costs and terms for goods.
11. Discuss the impact of trade law on apparel buying decisions.
Effective Term: Fall 2019