Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS221 - Introduction to Project Management
Catalog Description: Studies project management theory and skills. Defines and organizes projects by defining the scope, schedule and available resources. Learn to create work breakdown structures, identify task dependencies and prerequisites, and identify a critical path to completion of a project. Addresses risk and change management. Spring only. Prerequisite: CIS102 or higher or CSN 115 or higher or EGR 118 or BUS 101 or BUS 109.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create a Project file that utilizes GANTT and PERT charts
2. Incorporate management templates to supplement a project
3. Create a Project Management Plan outlining a project from beginning to end
4. Construct a Milestone List identifying project milestones of a project
5. Construct a Project Charter, including an Executive Summary for a project.
Effective Term: Fall 2019