Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Computer Information Systems Courses:
CIS215 - Web Scripting
Catalog Description: Introduces scripting languages, using them to accomplish a variety of tasks with an emphasis on dynamic web page generation. Students will work with both server-side and client-side languages. Spring only. Prerequisite: CIS125.
Lecture: 4 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create a script that can be executed at shell prompt and web browser using a modern scripting language
2. Create a web form that processes and validates web form data from multiple form sources.
3. Use conditional statement and loops to create a functional web form.
4. Generate dynamic websites using POST and GET requests interlaced with a web form.
5. Write a script that will perform basic SQL queries on a database.
Effective Term: Fall 2019