Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Communications and Media Arts Courses:
COM211 - Advanced Video Production
Catalog Description: Develops video production techniques using the college's media facility and equipment, operating video production and post-production equipment to create effective visual communication. Two class hours, two lab hours. Spring only. Prerequisite: COM111.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe the video production process: pre-production, production and post-production.
2. Operate portable video production equipment.
3. Operate video editing equipment.
4. Describe video recording systems.
5. Explain the role of the director.
6. Operate video post-production software packages.
7. Describe media production design.
8. Operate media production equipment in electronic news gathering and electronic field productions.
Effective Term: Spring 2020