Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Criminal Justice Courses:
CRJ222 - Field Studies in Criminal Justice
Catalog Description: Presents independent and group studies of selected criminal justice agencies. Students are assigned to an agency based on career objectives to evaluate and reflect upon the theoretical and actual operational functions of the agency. Eight off campus hours and one and one-half on campus class hours. Prerequisite: CRJ101 and permission of instructor.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast theory from practice as applied to the functions of a criminal justice agency.
2. Describe the effectiveness of any criminal justice agency in providing public safety functions.
3. Practice effective professional behaviors, including a strong work ethic, in a criminal justice environment.
4. Communicate effectively and professionally as a contributing member of a criminal justice team.
5. Deliver an effective presentation based on personal experience in a criminal justice agency.
Effective Term: Fall 2019