Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Computer Sys & Network Technology Courses:
CSN151 - Computer Repair
Catalog Description: Introduces computer hardware, software and operating system components. Includes hardware installation, configuration, repair, systematic troubleshooting, internal operation, peripheral devices, operating system installation, and system tools. Lab work includes PC assembly and repair projects.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain how computer hardware works
2. Explain how operating systems work
3. Identify the components of a computer system
4. Explain the function of different components of a computer system
5. Configure printing, mobile devices, files and networking on a computer system
6. Create a virtualized computing environment
7. Describe the different types of cloud computing
8. Secure a variety of desktop computer systems
9. Troubleshoot common computer problems
Effective Term: Fall 2020