Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Computer Sys & Network Technology Courses:
CSN201 - Client Operating Systems
Catalog Description: Explores concepts and requirements of client operating systems with an emphasis on the current Microsoft Windows operating systems. Introduces the various tools for installing, administering, configuring and supporting Windows using skills based activities. Prepares students to take the current Microsoft Windows certification examination. Fall only. Prerequisite or co-requisite: CSN121 or CSN115 or permission of instructor.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Install a Microsoft Windows client operating system.
2. Configure the operating system for installed hardware
3. Configure network access, applications, system access, resource sharing, or mobile computing devices.
4. Monitor system performance.
5. Monitor system protection.
Effective Term: Fall 2019