Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Computer Sys & Network Technology Courses:
CSN202 - Server Operating Systems
Catalog Description: Explores concepts and requirements of server operating systems with an emphasis on current Microsoft products. Introduces the various tools for installing, administering, configuring and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems using skills based activities. Prepares students to take the corresponding Microsoft certification examination. Spring only. Prerequisite: CSN201 or permission of instructor.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Install a Microsoft Windows server operating system.
2. Configure a Microsoft Windows server
3. Configure Hyper-V, DNS, file services, and print services.
4. Create and configure an Active Directory domain controller with Group Policy Objects.
5. Configure networking and DHCP services
Effective Term: Fall 2019