Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
DAN179 - Jazz Dance 1
Catalog Description: Introduces jazz dance as an art form through exploration of traditional jazz technique, history and aesthetics. Includes studio classes in traditional jazz as well as observation of jazz dance on video and live in concert (when possible) and discussion of reading assignments and research.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe notable dance artists.
2. Discuss the historical development of jazz dance.
3. Practice barre and floor warm-up routines.
4. Choreograph a basic jazz phrase.
5. Discuss live and/or video performances.
6. Choreograph a jazz movement study.
Effective Term: Spring 2020