Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ECO105 - Macroeconomics
Catalog Description: Introduces macroeconomic theories, with emphasis upon the concepts of aggregate market structures and market pricing, national income accounting, consumption, investment, money and banking, and income determination. Examines the problems of employment, price stability and growth. It is recommended that the college's reading and math requirements have been met.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify various economic theories and describe their fundamental tenets.
2. Identify the Federal Reserve System and describe its role in American monetary policy.
3. Discuss various aspects of American fiscal policy. (surplus, deficit, taxation, etc.)
4. Graph using the supply and demand models to analyze different market outcomes.
5. Analyze and interpret computed graphs of a given supply and demand model.
6. Explain the concept of scarcity.
7. Measure economic growth in GDP or GNP indexes based on national income accounts.
8. Explain a nation's trade balance based upon research of that country's top imports and exports.
Effective Term: Fall 2019