Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Engineering Science Courses:
EGR103 - Architectural Drawing
Catalog Description: Utilizes basic architectural drawing techniques and methods in developing a typical set of plans for a small residential home. Areas of study include drawing techniques, plan view development, elevation drawings, details, electrical plans, dimensioning practices, plot plans, and geometry in architecture. Two class hours, two lab hours. Spring only. Prerequisite: EGR 118.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Create architectural design concepts for residential homes in sketch form
2. Develop primary considerations to review when buying to designing a home
3. Develop plans for family living spaces
4. Apply architectural drawing practices and techniques to design a home
5. Calculate structural foundation requirements
6. Complete a CAD drawing of a foundation plan for a residential building
7. Execute a complete sheet set of CAD drawings used to construct a home
Effective Term: Fall 2019