Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Engineering Science Courses:
EGR215 - Commercial Building Design with REVIT
Catalog Description: Utilizes REVIT software in conjunction with commercial architectural drawing techniques and methods in developing a set of plans for a two story office building. Areas of study include plan view development, elevation drawings, details, mechanical plans, building energy usage, interior design and photo realistic rendering in 3D geometry. Prerequisite: EGR 103.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Compare commercial building design concepts (building location, usage, budgets)
2. Execute office building using REVIT software
3. Differentiate roofing styles in a commercial context
4. Calculate flooring material costs
5. Calculate lighting energy costs
6. Execute office layout interior design
7. Use REVIT to develop a complete site (Parking, sidewalks, plantings, lighting)
8. Compare NYS code applications in commercial buildings
9. Document commercial architectural drawing practices and techniques in a set of commercial plans using REVIT software
10. Create an animation walkthrough of the commercial building
Effective Term: Fall 2019