Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ENG100 - Introduction to Composition
Catalog Description: Improves basic writing skills: grammar, mechanics, style and organization. Students who pass with a C or higher understand the basic nature of informative and persuasive writing and library research. Prerequisite: ENG 091 with a grade of 'C' or higher or by placement.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Plan and draft complex paragraphs with attention to punctuation and mechanics.
2. Organize paragraphs in the development of a theme, perspective, or argument.
3. Assess a variety of texts for common themes, perspectives, argument, or other content.
4. Create an essay with attention to the modes of written discourse
5. Adapt writing strategies in accordance with purpose and audience.
6. Research a topic using basic information literacy strategies.
Effective Term: Fall 2019