Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ENG106 - Technical Writing
Catalog Description: Examines the special rhetoric of technical communication. Focuses on the fusion of process and product in the organizing of usable information. Considers audience and user needs, information design, visual forms, engaging in description and definition, creating process explanations, developing proposals, organizing reports, and writing instructions. Develops critical thinking skills through analysis of conventions applied in document design. Use of computers required. Prerequisite: ENG101
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss various technical writing conventions for documentations.
2. Apply a variety of technical writing conventions for documentation needs.
3. Apply document usability rubrics to preexisting technical documents.
4. Compose a variety of technical documents addressing the requirements of varying professions for diverse audiences.
5. Demonstrate effective collaborative skills.
Effective Term: Fall 2019