Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ENG125 - Media Writing
Catalog Description: Media Writing focuses on writing practice in organizing and writing for print, electronic and digital media; introduction to news, feature and advocacy writing; focus on aesthetics, ethical and legal issues; application to journalism, broadcasting; public relations, advertising and digital media. Prerequisite: ENG101
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss the differences in various styles of writing for media.
2. Apply principles of journalism and style as appropriate for the audience.
3. Compare methods of writing style as appropriate for the medium.
4. Create written material suitable for print and broadcast media, Internet, advertising, or public relations.
5. Build a complete media writing portfolio.
Effective Term: Spring 2020