Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Fashion Merchandising Mgmt Courses:
FBM101 - Principles of Fashion Merchandising
Catalog Description: Explores the development of the fashion industry including merchandising, marketing, market structure, production, technology, consumer behavior, and support services. Fall only.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Explain the various factors (economic, sociological, and psychological) influencing contemporary fashion.
2. Define three of the basic forms of business ownership.
3. Describe how businesses are organized.
4. Describe strategies businesses undertake to promote successful expansion.
5. Explain the unique segments of fashion and their interdependency.
6. Identify a minimum of three of the purposes of foreign and domestic markets, and describe the role of these markets in the fashion environment.
7. Differentiate between the primary and secondary fashion markets.
8. Identify at least three retail distribution channels (wholesale, internet, catalog, brick and mortar, etc.) of fashion goods and describe the nature of their basic merchandising activities.
9. Discuss at least three of the functional activities performed by fashion support services.
Effective Term: Fall 2019