Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Fashion Merchandising Mgmt Courses:
FBM220 - Fashion Show Production
Catalog Description: Application of fashion buying and merchandising techniques in actual situations. Students apply theoretical materials of their previous courses in the actual planning and presentation of a full-scale fashion show. Spring only. Prerequisites: FBM101 and FBM102 or ART102.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe the advance planning involved in a fashion show.
2. Select models based on their aesthetics for fashion shows.
3. Style live models with appropriate apparel and accessories for fashion shows and photo shoots.
4. Critique a fashion show production.
5. Integrate critique and self-reflection into fashion show planning.
6.Analyze the production of a fashion show post event.
7. Fundraise for a fashion show.
8. Produce a fashion show.
9. Behave in a professional manner when working with and managing support staff, volunteers, and vendors in a fashion show.
Effective Term: Fall 2019