Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Fashion Merchandising Mgmt Courses:
FBM222 - Apparel Design & Draping 2
Catalog Description: An introduction to apparel design through draping and pinning. Students will utilize a sketch design in a three-dimensional dress form, apply basic techniques of fitting a garment using darts, sleeves, waistlines, bodice and collars, and mark the new design to a flat pattern for mass production. Students must provide their own supplies. Spring only.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Utilize, with accuracy, various measurement tools (tape measure, 6" measuring gauge, machine markings).
2. Demonstrate proper pressing techniques.
3. Prepare fabric appropriate for draping.
4. Execute proper pinning and marking techniques as appropriate.
5. Design a bodice based on proper draping techniques.
6. Drape additional components of a bodice, or a second pattern.
7. Create at least three differently-designed final garments (full top and bottom) based on draped concepts.
Effective Term: Fall 2019