Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Foundations of Academic Success Courses:
FYE100 - Foundations of Academic Success
Catalog Description: Presents techniques that help students cope successfully with the demands of college. Enlarges the student's awareness of self with respect to academic and personal goals, and assists each person to gain the necessary skills to succeed in college.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Apply behaviors of an effective learner for success in college studies (self-awareness, coping skills, interpersonal communication, etc.)
2. Use technology to access information about institutional, department, and course policies necessary for academic success.
3. Apply critical and creative thinking skills as necessary to adapt to various challenges in the academic environment.
4. Choose behaviors that support personal responsibility for learning
5. Identify the implications of choices related to wellness.
6. Demonstrate appropriate behaviors as a member of a college community (respect, civility, awareness of racial or cultural differences, etc.)
Effective Term: Fall 2019