Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
GEO101 - World Regional Geography
Catalog Description: Introduces the physical and human geography of the world. Examines the major physical/environmental, cultural, political and economic characteristics of each world region.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss the defining human or physical characteristics of the major world regions.
2. Differentiate the regional and topical approaches within the study of geography.
3. Interpret information from a variety of different maps (online, print).
4. Discuss spatial relationships using geographic concepts (projections, scale, location, density, etc.)
5. Apply a variety of interpretive frameworks to the analysis of a particular region (economic, political cultural, physical).
6. Discuss a variety of examples of how physical geography has an impact on the behavior of humans or societies.
7. Analyze environmental issues present in any of the worldâs major regions.
Effective Term: Fall 2019