Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
HON201 - Honors Seminar 1
Catalog Description: Offers intensive study of a topic ordinarily not offered or pursued in a course under the guidance a faculty mentor. The student works with the mentor to determine depth of research, length of paper or project, and time requirements, and submits written proposal to Honors Committee for approval. Upon completion of work, the student presents the paper and/or project in the Honors Seminar. Prerequisite: Admission to the Honors Program or permission of the Honors Committee and the coordinator.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Apply interdisciplinary connections to a specified theme.
2. Conduct independent research on a specified theme that culminates in the development of presentable findings.
3. Develop an effective (organized, well-designed, thoroughly-researched, properly documented, etc.) presentation on a specified theme.
4. Deliver a presentation using effective oral communication skills.
5. Develop goals in pursuit of advanced academic success.
Effective Term: Fall 2019