Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Human Relations Courses:
HUR101 - Human Relations 1
Catalog Description: Examines basic dynamics and processes which occur in relationships with others. Exposes students to techniques, skills, and knowledge useful in understanding their own behavior and in comprehending the behavior of others.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss characteristics necessary in establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
2. Discuss attributes that increase intrapersonal awareness.
3. Describe qualities essential in changing desired behavioral patterns.
4. Identify and describe a variety of communication styles that affect interpersonal relationships.
5. Explain how to manage interpersonal conflict.
6. Discuss how to identify and manage stress.
7. Reflect on goal settings skills to make healthy life decisions.
8. Communicate effectively in a variety of intrapersonal and interpersonal contexts.
Effective Term: Fall 2019