Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Human Services Courses:
HUS201 - Internship in Human Services 2
Catalog Description: Continuing instructor approved and site supervised internship placement with weekly class seminar to further develop and refine professional helping values, knowledge, skills and behaviors required for job placement and/or continuing education within the field. Minimum of 125 internship hours per semester (average of at least 8 hours per week). Prerequisite: HUS101 and HUS110
Lecture: 1.5 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Analyze one's own ethical standards compared to those of the internship agency and to the ethical standards for the human services profession.
2. Perform advanced site duties (as outlined by goals and objectives) under agency supervision.
3. Examine systems (personal, professional, political, social, religious, cultural and other diversity factors) that affect client care.
4. Evaluate internship agency's organization and operations.
5. Practice professional behaviors that meet/exceed standards of any human services agency.
6. Communicate effectively within a human services agency environment with all participants (supervisors, colleagues, clients, additional supports).
7. Adhere to client confidentiality standards.
8. Assess one's own performance to meet expectations of professional goals.
Effective Term: Fall 2019