Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
LIT201 - Introduction to Literature
Catalog Description: Introduces the unique characteristics of poetry, fiction, and drama. Investigates the function of literature as a form of communication. Requires use of computer for online course sections. Prerequisite: ENG101.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify the elements within a variety of types of literature (short fiction, poetry, drama);
2. Summarize the elements of a piece of literature (short fiction, poetry, drama);
3. Analyze the elements in a variety of types of literature (short fiction, poetry, drama);
4. Interpret terms from the vocabulary of literature;
5. Apply the rules of mechanics correctly in written work;
6. Employ credible academic sources as part of literary research;
7. Create coherent written critiques of works of literature.
Effective Term: Fall 2019