Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
LIT214 - Play Analysis
Catalog Description: Develops ability to carefully read and analyze plays. Employs scripts from various period and genres to explore theatre as a written, visual, and collaborative art form. Prerequisite: ENG 101.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe a number of theatrical cues in scripts.
2. Discern the relationship between theatrical contracts and theatrical conventions.
3. Draw inferences based on given circumstances.
4. Interpret various dramatic components of a play script (e.g. character, situation, language, theme, etc.).
5. Apply concepts of conflict analysis.
6. Analyze a complete script using levels of dramaturgical questions.
Effective Term: Fall 2019