Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Nanoscience Technology Courses:
NST203 - Characterization of Nanotechnology Structures and Materials
Catalog Description: Introduces students to the following topics: characterizing Nanotechnology materials with light or physical properties; photon-based spectroscopies; characterization based on electron beams; probe characterization techniques; and particle based spectroscopies. Pre-requisite: NST 201; Co-requisite: NST 202, NST 206
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of light based characterization and spectroscopies.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of electron based characterization and spectroscopies.
*3. Apply industry-standard photon-based, electron-based, probe microscopy, chemical
and mechanical characterization equipment to Nanotechnology materials.
4. Effectively and safely work as a member of technical team in laboratory setting.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
1. Characterizing with light or physical properties
2. Introduction to photon-based spectroscopies
3. Characterization based on electron beams
4. Probe characterization techniques
5. Particle based spectroscopies
Effective Term: Fall 2015