Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Nanoscience Technology Courses:
NST204 - Materials in Nanotechnology
Catalog Description: Introduces the following topics: colloids and colloidal chemistry in Nanotechnology; chemical self-assembly; properties of Nanoparticles; Nanoparticle synthesis and applications; quantum dot physics, synthesis and applications; cellular overview, biocompatibility and common materials; PDMS background, properties and applications. Pre-requisite: NST 201; Co-requisites: NST 202, NST 203, NST 206
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic chemical processes for creation of
2. Describe industry applications for the various chemical synthesis processes for
*3. Apply industry-standard techniques for the synthesis and characterization of
4. Effectively and safely work as a member of technical team in laboratory setting.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
1. Solutions review, colloids and colloidal chemistry
3. Properties of nanoparticles
4. Nanoparticle synthesis and applications
5. Quantum dot physics, synthesis, and applications
6. Cellular overview, biocompatibility and common materials
7. PDMS background, properties and applications
Effective Term: Fall 2015