Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Nanoscience Technology Courses:
NST205 - Patterning for Nanotechnology
Catalog Description: Introduces the following topics: basics of photolithography; advanced lithography technologies such as antireflective coating, alignment and exposure systems, contact aligner, scanning projection aligner, electron beam lithography; photoresists; nanoimprint lithography; UV molding; edge lithography; probe lithography; block copolymer patterning. Prerequisites: NST 202 and NST 203 ; Co-requisite: NST 206
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of basic lithography techniques.
2. Describe advanced lithography techniques employed in the industry.
*3. Successfully apply photolithography techniques for pattern transfer.
4. Effectively and safely work as a member of technical team in laboratory setting.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
1. Basics of photolithography
2. Maneuvering light or advanced lithography tool technologies
3. Introduction to resists
4. Introduction to other pattern transfer approaches
Effective Term: Fall 2016