Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
NUR111 - Nursing 1
Catalog Description: Introduces the student to concepts related to professional nursing practice. Emphasis is placed on developing the foundational knowledge and nursing assessments necessary to provide care to diverse individuals and populations. The competencies of patient centered care, safe practice environment, collaboration, healthcare informatics and management of care are introduced at a foundational level. This course provides classroom and online content. Prerequisite: Admission to the Nursing Program. Prerequisite or co-requisite: BIO 152 with a grade of “C” or higher. Co-requisite: NUR LC1
Lecture: 5 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
NOTE: These Course Learning Outcomes are specifically designed to satisfy expectations for accreditation.
1. Develop the ability to provide compassionate care and support the basic healthcare needs of the patient/family.
2. Adhere to legal, ethical and regulatory standards in conjunction with current nursing research to support an environment of safety.
3. Collaborate with the patient/family and other members of the healthcare team in implementing an established plan of care to support optimal health.
4. Demonstrate the use of available technology and other informational resources to develop effective communication and promote safe patient care
5. Identify organizational skills to promote the attainment of individual outcomes.
Effective Term: Fall 2019