Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
NUR112 - Nursing 2
Catalog Description: Introduces the student to concepts related to nursing care of diverse individuals experiencing temporary health status changes. Emphasis is placed on nursing process and prioritization of patient care to promote optimal wellness. The competencies of patient centered care, safe practice environment, collaboration, healthcare informatics and management of care are developed. This course provides classroom and online content. Prerequisites: NUR 111 and BIO 152 with a grade of “C” or higher and NUR LC1 with a grade of "CP". Prerequisite or co-requisite: BIO 153 with a grade of “C” or higher. Co-requisite: NUR 122 and NUR LC2
Lecture: 5 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
NOTE: These Course Learning Outcomes are specifically designed to satisfy expectations for accreditation.
1. Participate in compassionate and coordinated care by partnering with the patient/family/community to support individualized health care needs and identified outcomes
2. Adhere to legal, ethical and regulatory standards in conjunction with current nursing research to contribute to an environment of safety
3. Collaborate with the patient/family/community and other members of the healthcare team in planning and critical thinking to promote optimal health and move toward the achievement of mutually agreed upon outcomes.
4. Demonstrate the use of available technology and other informational resources to develop effective communication, promote patient safety and advance patient outcomes.
5. Develop organizational skills and prioritization strategies to promote the attainment of individual outcomes.
Effective Term: Fall 2019