Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Office Technology/Secretarial Courses:
OFT102 - Intermediate Keyboarding
Catalog Description: Increases keyboarding techniques. Includes production using word processing software of two-page letters, two-page reports, two-page memos, tables, envelopes, and mail merges. Requires a minimum level of proficiency of 45 words per minute (wpm). Prerequisite: OFT101.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Key approximately 45 wpm for five minutes.
2. Format a variety of business documents, which may include: two-page letters, memos, reports or advanced tables.
3. Format a variety of specialized business documents (financial documents, documents with graphics, itineraries, etc.).
4. Format minutes and agendas.
5. Execute intermediate word processing operations such as templates, styles, graphics, or mail merge.
Effective Term: Fall 2019