Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Office Technology/Secretarial Courses:
OFT135 - Medical Forms and Billing
Catalog Description: Emphasize the role of computers in health insurance using computerized patient accounting software. Students will be introduced to medical billing, insurance terminology, and the preparation of insurance claims. Software will simulate medical office situation which includes patient information input, billing operations, and document production. Prerequisite or corequisite: OFT116.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Apply medical billing and insurance terminology to various insurance forms.
2. Prepare medical insurance forms and claims input patient information.
3. Schedule appointments using appropriate office software
4. Prepare designated medical documents.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of medical billing and accounting software.
Effective Term: Fall 2019