Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED104 - Teaching Methodologies in Sport Skill Studies
Catalog Description: Introduces the fundamental skills and rules in the sports of volleyball, soccer, basketball, softball, golf, and tennis. Provides basic knowledge of activity plan preparation.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify the roles of the positions in selected sports such as: volleyball, softball, basketball, or soccer.
2. Demonstrate the proper technique in selected sports such as: volleyball, soccer, basketball, softball, golf, or tennis.
3. Break down the primary skills in volleyball, soccer, basketball, softball, golf, or tennis.
4. Explain the rules and etiquette in selected sports such as: volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball, golf or tennis.
5. Apply proper teaching mechanics through instruction of specific skills with appropriate skill breakdown and organization of drills.
6. Implement a prepared activity plan for one lesson in any of the sports taught in class.
7. Develop a rubric assessing a skill taught in class.
Effective Term: Fall 2019