Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED105 - Beginning Swimming
Catalog Description: Introduces nonswimmers to fundamental water and swimming skills. One and one-half class hours.
Lecture: 1.5 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate different swim strokes that may include: freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, or sidestroke.
2. Identify the key terms for swimming.
3. Identify the key terms for diving.
4. Identify safety steps to take before starting an aquatic activity.
5. Analyze the benefits of daily fitness activity specific to the sport of swimming.
Effective Term: Fall 2019