Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED136 - Beginning Yoga
Catalog Description: Introduces basic yoga postures, breathing techniques, meditation and relaxation.
Lecture: 0.5 hrs.
Lab: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Describe yoga philosophy.
2. Discuss the relationship among body, breath, mind, and spirit.
3. Identify the benefits of meditation and relaxation.
4. Demonstrate proper breathing techniques.
5. Demonstrate basic yoga postures.
Effective Term: Fall 2019