Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED141 - Teaching Methods in Soccer
Catalog Description: Presents major skills, strategies, etiquette, and safety consideration in soccer. Provides opportunity to analyze skills and plan and implement drills and activities while conforming to the New York State Physical Education Standards and to the National Physical Education Standards. One and One-half class hours. Prerequisite: PED 104 or PED 123
Lecture: 0.5 hrs.
Lab: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the major skills associated with soccer with proper technique and form.
2. Break down the major skills in soccer.
3. Develop a rubric to assess a skill.
4. Explain the safety rules and procedures in equipment use and play.
5. Develop an activity lesson plan for soccer.
6. Implement an activity lesson plan.
7. Analyze the benefits of daily fitness activity specific to the sport of soccer.
Effective Term: Fall 2019