Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED149 - Teaching Methods in Golf
Catalog Description: Presents major skills, strategies, etiquette, and safety consideration in golf. Provides opportunity to analyze skills and plan and implement drills and activities while adhering to the New York State Physical Education Standards and to the National Physical Education Standards. One and One-half class hours. Prerequisite: PED 104 or PED 148
Lecture: 0.5 hrs.
Lab: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the major skills associated with golf with proper technique and form.
2. Break down the major skills in golf.
3. Develop a rubric to assess a skill taught in class.
4. Explain the safety rules and procedures in equipment use and play.
5. Develop an activity lesson plan for golf.
6. Implement an activity lesson plan developed in class through peer teaching.
7. Analyze the benefits of daily fitness activity specific to the sport of golf.
Effective Term: Fall 2019