Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED151 - Teaching Methods in Racket Sports
Catalog Description: Presents major skills, strategies, etiquette, and safety consideration in tennis, badminton and pickleball. Provides opportunity to analyze skills and plan and implement drills and activities while conforming to the New York State Physical Education Standards and to the National Physical Education Standards. Prerequisite: PED 104 or PED 150
Lecture: 0.5 hrs.
Lab: 1 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the major skills associated with tennis, badminton or pickleball with proper technique and form.
2. Break down the major skills in tennis, badminton or pickleball.
3. Develop a rubric to assess a skill.
4. Explain the safety rules and procedures in equipment use and play.
5. Develop an activity lesson plan for tennis, badminton or pickleball.
6. Implement an activity lesson plan.
7. Analyze the benefits of daily fitness activity specific to the sport of tennis, badminton or pickleball.
Effective Term: Fall 2020