Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Physical Education Courses:
PED155 - Begin. Skiing & Snowboarding
Catalog Description: Focuses on beginning skiing or snowboarding skill development, equipment terminology and safety. Students will be responsible for providing or renting their equipment, fees for lift passes, as well as transportation to the ski resort. One and one-half class hours.
Lecture: 1.5 hrs.
Lab: 0 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Research local ski resorts.
2. Research local ski equipment shops.
3. Identify the basic principles of downhill skiing.
4. Identify the basic principles of snowboarding.
5. Demonstrate the proper technique in downhill skiing or snowboarding.
6. Describe the differences in the styles of snowboard or ski equipment.
7. Describe how to properly fit snowboard or ski equipment.
8. Identify skiing or snowboarding safety techniques.
Effective Term: Fall 2019